We’ve begun a series called “Gene Kelly: The Basics,” which answers some of the questions new Gene fans frequently ask. We’d love for some of you long-time GK admirers to pen/publish a post or two (roughly 200-300 words), if you have the time.
Here’s the list of questions so far. We’ll add more as we think of them…
- How did Gene start dancing?
- How did Gene get into show business?
- What is “The Game”?
- Did Gene direct any films?
- Did Gene ever perform on television?
- How did Gene get that scar?
- Was there really milk in Singin’ in the Rain?
- What awards did Gene receive for his work?
- Where did Gene live while he worked in Hollywood?
- Did Gene star in any non-musical pictures?
- Why is Gene so fascinated with France?
- When did Gene die?
In the Queue
- Was Gene religious? (Jennifer)
- Where did Gene go to college? (Debra)
- Whom did Gene marry? (Courtney)
- Did Gene have any children? (Courtney)
- How much did Gene’s Irish heritage play a role in his life? (Cindy)
- What was Gene’s early family life like?
- What were some of Gene’s favorite books?
- Did Paula Abdul really have a relationship with Gene?
- When did Gene stop making movies?
- Gene survived a house fire?
- How did Gene lean/think politically?
- What did Gene think of the dancing/dancers after his heydey (1970s, ’80s, ’90s)?
Give us a shout if there’s a question you’d like to tackle, or if there’s something you’d like to see answered! Thanks.